Understanding Our Process
Since 1994, Can It has been a leading manufacturer and supplier of custom tin packaging and collection tins in South Africa
Our vast range of custom tins and canisters, ointment tins, collection tins and money boxes are available worldwide. We have proudly supplied millions of tin cans and tin boxes to our valued customers and non-profits both in and outside of South Africa and as far as Australia and the United States. Can It is a tin manufacturer and can supplier to retailers, wholesalers, the tin packaging industry, as well as the promotional and corporate gifting industries.
Can It also plays a unique role in the crowd-funding and charity industries, as the distribution of branded money boxes and collection tins began with us in 1994, at the dawn of democracy in South Africa when we began as a small manufacturer and supplier of just money boxes and collection tins. Since then we have grown our product offerings and services as well as our customer base throughout South Africa and we now enjoy excellent customer relations in Australia, Mozambique, Tanzania and Namibia.
Lightweight and adaptable, the premium tinplate we use to manufacture bespoke tins is easily moulded to best suit the contents, yet robust enough to provide protection. We also manufacture and stock a wide range of ready-made cans and canisters in a variety of shapes and sizes.
Our dedicated and experienced team are on hand to guide you in creating a successful and effective packaging solution for your product launch or promotion.
Our Quote Process
- Browse our range of products and services
- Receive samples of the sizes that interest you, if required – see this article for our sample process.
- Confirm the size/s that interests you, the type of lid and tinplate colour – see our lid options for Tin Cans
- Establish the required quantity. It is important to note that pricing varies greatly, depending on the order quantity and requirements
- Inform us of what you plan on packaging. Certain products may require a Food or special tin coating, others would require the container to be leak-proof or airtight and certain consumable products need to undergo a preservation process. Any of these factors may impact your quote. See this article for more information.
- Will you be making use of Can It’s unique Packing & Sealing service? If so, will you supply the contents for the tins or do you require us to source it for you? If the latter, please provide us with detailed information for quoting purposes.
- Inform us whether you’d require the tins to be plain (tinplate colour) or custom branded with your artwork. If the latter, establish which branding method you require – see this article for branding and printing options. Note: for tin cans it is highly recommended to make use of our Gloss branding option with or without the UV varnish.
- Should you require branding, do you plan on making use of our design service? If so, please provide us with more information, your logo, and requirements – see this article for our in-house design process
- Do you require delivery? If so, please provide your address. Take note: our delivery quotes are for urban areas in our courier company’s network. If you have special delivery requirements, please inform us prior to ordering. If you will collect, our pick-up point is at our Showroom in Johannesburg – we do not accept any customers nor couriers at our factory.
- Supply us with your general company and/or personal contact details such as: Company Name, Customer Name, Contact Number, Email Address and further information which your company requires to be displayed on our quotes and invoices.
Simple Steps to Success
- Choose the can size that you need
- Choose the closure type that you need (Peel-Off, Plain End or Pull-Ring)
- Design your label, or we can design it for you
- Can It packages your product inside
- Can It seals the cans with your chosen closure
- Can It brands / prints your cans
- Finished Cans get boxed (protective packaging)
- Cans are delivered to your door. Impress, Intrigue and Delight even your toughest clients!