Check out our Fundraising Hints, Tips, Ideas and Inspiration because we love helping people raise funds for charitable causes. Here’s how we do it!
Crowdfunding is the practice of funding a project or venture by raising small amounts of money from a large number of people. Crowdfunding is a form of crowdsourcing and alternative finance. In 2015, over US$34 billion was raised worldwide by crowdfunding.
A donation box is a phenomenal way of raising funds and you can multiply your funds raised by simply having multiple boxes!
But to really make your box a success there are a couple of guidelines you will need to follow, which we’ll get into further down…
Donation Tins will be successful for many different causes and organizations. As long as your cause can connect on a basic level with people in terms of it being “a worthy cause to donate to”.
You should also think carefully about how you can increase the donations into your boxes. Here come some tips on how to do this…
Donation Box Success Tips:
Your most important aspect to your box’s success is where you place it. So with that in mind here are some points…
- Place your boxes in high traffic areas. The more people who see the box, the more donations you’ll receive.
- Place near cash turnover points. Places where people have their wallets out and are receiving change.
- Catch people’s attention. Make your Donation Box stand out so that people notice it! Get eyeballs onto your box!
- Have a short blurb that lets people know what the box is for. Just to connect that little bit more and encourage people to get their change out!
- Include QR Codes in your design for people who want to Donate Online.
Where to Place your Donation Cans:
So we’ve already discussed that this is the most important part of your Donations Boxes’ success, and I’ve mentioned that High Traffic areas and Cash Points are the best locations.
But here are some suggestions of specific places to have your Donation Tins…
- Grocery Stores
- Convenience Stores
- Party Stores
- Gas Stations
- Doctors Offices
- Churches – People are encouraged to give to charity at Church, so it’s the perfect place to have your box!
- At Events
- And at your Fundraising Stores
Remember though that you will need permission to have your donation boxes at all these locations. Your members will need to visit the locations you decide on, and get permission from the owners or managers.
Always have a charity box (or charity boxes) with you when getting permission so that you don’t have to make a return trip.
Also make sure that you place the box out yourself, or at least go with the manager to place it. This will make sure that,
- It does get placed out, and,
- You can control where it gets placed to increase donations!
You must also always look for new locations for your boxes!
Collecting Your Donations:
The last thing you’ll need to do is collect your donations on a weekly or monthly basis.
Either do this yourself or send a trusted board member or volunteer.
Track Your Results:
You’ll then obviously count your donations… but you will also want to carefully record your results to analyze which boxes and locations work the best.
You can then use this information to increase your low performing boxes, and to find more and better locations!
QR Codes & Online Donations:
You can also incorporate your donation boxes into your Online Donations campaign through QR Codes.
A QR Code (Quick Response Code) is an image that if a Smart Phone scans will load a specific webpage on that Smart Phone.
This means that you can place a QR Code on your Box that will take people directly to your Online Donations page