This policy serves to prove authenticity… and, if you will, realness – we are proven to you, online, via documents and policies – playing open cards with you, and [all of] our CAN IT customers, our employees, partners, affiliates, Google and others. AUTHENTICITY + AWESOME CONTENT + PASSION FOR TIN PACKAGING + GOOGLE GEEKS = Can Its small online team…
CAN IT – TIN MANUFACTURER SOUTH AFRICA JOHANNESBURG
This Policy describes how CAN IT – TIN MANUFACTURER SOUTH AFRICA processes your personal data, but it may not address all possible data processing scenarios. CAN IT – TIN MANUFACTURER SOUTH AFRICA may inform you of product- or service-specific data collection through supplementary policies or notices provided before collection.
CAN IT – TIN MANUFACTURER SOUTH AFRICA: OUR Policy outlines the following –
- How CAN IT will Collect & Use Your Personal Data
- CAN IT’s Cookies & Similar Technologies
- How CAN IT may Disclose Personal Data
- How CAN IT could Access & Control Your Personal Data
- How CAN IT will Protect Your Personal Data
- How CAN IT Processes Children’s Personal Data and Other Sensitive or Proprietary Information
- CAN IT Third-Party Providers and Their Services
- CAN IT’s International Transfers of Your Personal Data
- CAN IT’s Updates to This Policy
- How to Contact CAN IT
1. CAN IT – TIN MANUFACTURER SOUTH AFRICA will occasionally Collect & Use Your Personal Data:
Personal data means any data that, either on its own or jointly with other data, can be used to identify a natural person. You directly provide us with such data when you use our websites, products, or services, or interact with us by, for example, creating a CAN IT: account or contacting us for support. We may also obtain data by recording how you interact with our websites, products, or services.
For example, we may use technologies like cookies or receive use data from software running on your device. As permitted by law, we may also obtain data from public and commercial third-party sources, for example, purchasing statistics from other companies to support our services. The personal data CAN IT collects, includes: name, gender, enterprise name, job position, postal and email addresses, phone number, login information (account and password), photos, and certificate information, etc., depending on how you interact with CAN IT:, for example, the website you visit or the products and services that you use.
We also collect the information you provide to us and the content of messages you send us, such as the query information you provide, or the questions or information you provide for customer service support.
Before using CAN IT’s products or services, you may need to provide personal data. In some cases, you may be able to opt not to disclose your personal data to CAN IT. However, not providing CAN IT with certain data may mean that we cannot provide you with certain products or services or respond to an issue that you have raised.
CAN IT could use your personal data for the following purposes:
What are we actually saying?
We could be collecting or using your data, through our marketing efforts, for any reason… and we don’t want to offend anyone in the process of doing so. But let’s go ahead and get the legal mumbo-jumbo out of the way – :
We could gather your data in any number of ways, even through social media, but to cover ourselves for every odd privacy concern – and because our business is growing online – here goes our further terms:
- Creating a CAN IT account.
- Fulfilling your CAN IT transactions or service requests, including fulfilling orders; delivering, activating, or verifying products or services; providing training and certification; managing and processing training and certification exams; participating in onsite or virtual activities; fulfilling your requests for changes or providing you with the requested information (such as marketing materials for products and services, and white papers); and providing CAN IT technical support.
- CAN IT Contacting you with your consent; sending you information about products and services that may interest you; inviting you to participate in CAN IT activities (including promotional activities), market surveys, or satisfaction surveys; or sending you marketing information. If you do not want to receive these types of information, you can opt out at any time.
- CAN IT Sending you important notices, such as the installation of and updates to the operating system or application.
- CAN IT Providing you with customized user experience and content.
- CAN IT Qualifying and managing suppliers and business partners, and communicating or working with suppliers and business partners.
- CAN IT Improving our products and services through internal audits, data analysis, and research.
- CAN IT Analyzing the efficiency of our business operations and evaluating market share.
- CAN IT Troubleshooting when you send us error reports.
- CAN IT Synchronizing, sharing, and storing the data you upload or download and the data needed for the uploading and downloading.
- CAN IT Ensuring the security of our products, services and customers or users, executing and improving our loss prevention and anti-fraud programmes
- CAN IT Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies.
Also, our Canning CAN IT Team would like you to keep in mind the following:-
- CAN IT may also collect and use non-personally identifiable information (Non-PII). Non-PII is information that cannot be used to identify a particular individual. For example, CAN IT will collect statistical data, such as the numbers of visits to its website. We collect this data to understand how users use our websites, products, and services so that we can improve our services and better satisfy your needs. CAN IT may collect, use, process, transfer, or disclose non-PII for other purposes at its own discretion.
- We will endeavour to isolate your personal data from non-PII and ensure that the two types of data are used separately. If personal data is combined with non-PII, it will still be treated as personal data during processing.
CAN IT will process your personal data following the requirements of applicable laws on an appropriate legal basis, including:
- Processing your personal data to fulfil the contract when responding to a transaction or service request;
- Processing your personal data with your consent;
- Processing based on the legitimate interests of CAN IT or a third party when we use your personal data to contact you, conduct marketing or market surveys, improve our products and services, execute and improve our loss prevention and anti-fraud programs, and other purposes. Legitimate interests include enabling us to more effectively manage and operate our business and provide our products and services; protecting the security of our businesses, systems, products, services, and customers; internal management; complying with internal policies and processes, and other legitimate interests described in this policy;
- Processing your personal data as necessary to comply with and fulfil legal obligations.
2.1 CAN IT‘s Cookies:
To ensure our CAN IT website works correctly, we may at times place a small piece of data known as a cookie on your computer or mobile device. A CAN IT cookie is a text file stored by a web server on a computer or mobile device. The content of a cookie can be retrieved or read only by the server that creates the cookie. The text in a cookie often consists of identifiers, site names, and some numbers and characters. CAN IT Cookies are unique to the browsers or mobile applications you use and enable websites to store data such as your preferences or items in your CAN IT cart.
Find out how to manage your CAN IT cookie settings for your browser here:
2.2 CAN IT Web Beacons and Pixel Tags:
In addition to cookies, we may also use other similar technologies on our websites such as web beacons and pixel tags. For example, when you receive an email from Can It, it may contain a click-through URL that links to a Can It web page.
If you click, [the link] Can It will track your visit to help us learn about your preferences for products and services and improve our customer service. A web beacon is a transparent graphic image embedded in a website or in an email. We use pixel tags in emails to find out whether an email has been opened. You can unsubscribe from the Can It mailing list at any time if you do not want to be tracked in this manner.
3. CAN IT May Disclose Personal Data:
CAN IT shares your personal data with other CAN IT partners, as described in this Policy when services are provided by partners authorized by CAN IT. For example, when you make an online purchase from CAN IT, we must share your personal data with the logistics provider to arrange shipment or a partner to provide services. In addition, as a global company, we may share personal data with CAN IT affiliates and subsidiaries.
To comply with applicable laws or respond to valid legal procedures, CAN IT may also disclose your personal data to law enforcement or other government agencies. If CAN IT is involved in a restructuring, merger & acquisition, or a bankruptcy or liquidation lawsuit in a given jurisdiction, your personal data may be disclosed in connection with the transaction.
CAN IT may also disclose your data when appropriate, for example, to execute Terms and Conditions, when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or when it is in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
4. Be a Winner with Can It – Here’s How to Access & Control Your Personal Data:
It is your responsibility to ensure that all personal data submitted to Can It is correct. Can It is dedicated to maintaining the accuracy and completeness of personal data and keeping the data up-to-date.
To the extent required by applicable law, you may:
- (i) have the right to access certain personal data we maintain about you;
- (ii) request that we update or correct inaccuracies in that data;
- (iii) object or restrict to our use of your personal data, and (iv) ask us to delete your personal data from our database. To exercise these rights, please click on this link here to give your feedback online.
Your written request may be required for security. We may decline the request if we have reasonable grounds to believe that the request is a fraudulent, unfeasible or may jeopardize the privacy of others.
If allowed by applicable laws, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time when Can It processes your personal data based on your consent. However, withdrawal does not affect the legitimacy and effectiveness of how we process your personal data based on your consent before the withdrawal is made; nor does it affect any data processing based on another justification other than your consent.
If you think that the way we process your personal information does not comply with applicable data protection laws, you can contact the relevant competent data protection authority. You can obtain the information for contacting EU data protection authorities at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
5. Can It will Protect and Retain Your Personal Data:
The security of your personal data is important to us. We use appropriate physical, management, and technical measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, damage, or loss. For example, we use technologies for data confidentiality, protection mechanisms to prevent attacks, and access control mechanisms to permit only authorized access to your personal data.
CAN IT is committed to protecting your personal data; however, please note that no security measure is perfect.
We will retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes stated in this Policy unless otherwise extending the retention period is required or permitted by law. The data storage period may vary with scenario, product, and service. The standards CAN IT uses to determine the retention period are as follows:
(a) the time required to retain personal data to fulfil business purposes, including providing products and services;
(b) maintaining corresponding transaction and business records;
(c) controlling and improving the performance and quality of products and services;
(d) ensuring the security of systems, products, and services;
(e) handling possible user queries or complaints and locating problems;
(f) whether the user agrees to a longer retention period;
(g) and whether the laws, contracts and other equivalencies have special requirements for data retention; etc.
We will maintain your registration information as long as your account is necessary for service provision. You can choose to deregister your account. After you deregister your account, we will stop providing you with products and services through your account and delete your relevant personal data, provided that deletion is not otherwise stipulated by special legal requirements.
6. Here’s How CAN IT will Process any Personal/Proprietary Data and Information:
Our websites, products and services are primarily intended for adults. A child must not create a Can It account without the consent of a parent or guardian. If a child’s personal data is collected with prior parental consent, we will only use or disclose the data as permitted by law, with the explicit consent of the child’s parents or guardians, or when necessary for the protection of the child. If we accidentally collect a child’s personal data without verified prior consent from the child’s parents, we will attempt to delete the data as soon as possible.
Furthermore, we abide by all Non-Disclosure agreements our company enters into but they do not overrule our terms and conditions, nor our disclaimers.
7. Our Winning Third-Party Providers and Their Services:
To ensure positive user experience, you may receive content or web links from third parties other than Can It and its partners (“third parties“). Can It does not have the right to control such third parties, but you can choose whether to use the links, view the content and/or access the products or services provided by third parties.
Can It cannot control the privacy practices and data protection policies of third parties that are not subject to this Policy. When you submit personal information to such a third party, please read and refer to the privacy protection policy of the third party.
8. Understanding with Can It: International Transfers of Your Personal Data
As a global company, your personal data collected by Can It may be processed or accessed in the country/region where you use our products and services or in other countries/regions where Can It or its affiliates, subsidiaries, service providers or business partners have a presence. These jurisdictions may have different data protection laws. In such circumstances, Can It will take measures to ensure that data is processed as required by this Policy and applicable laws, which includes when transferring the data subject’s personal data from the EU to a country or region which have been acknowledged by the EU commission as having an adequate level of data protection, we may use a variety of legal mechanisms, such as signing standard contractual clauses approved by the EU Commission, obtaining the consent to the cross-border transfer of a data subject in the EU, or implementing security measures like anonymizing personal data before cross-border data transfer.
You can click here to obtain a copy of the EU’s standard contractual clauses.
9. CAN IT‘s Updates to This Policy:
10. How to Contact the Canning Can It Team:
- Published on: 21 May 2019 @ 23:32 PM
- Published by: Can It – Tin Manufacturer South Africa
- Last Edited on: 21 May 2019 @ 1:13 AM
- Last Edited by: Incomplete Brands – Marketing Consultants, USA
- FURTHER CHANGES WILL BE MADE BELOW AND, ANY REVISIONS WILL BE RECORDED WITHIN THIS BULLET LIST
- CHANGE 1: EXAMPLE – Nothing Yet