Our Canning Process
The process of Canning and Preserving Your Contents inside Tin Cans
Canning Custom Contents since 1994
We manufacture and supply various size Tin Cans For Canning.
Can It is a Tin Can Supplier and Can Manufacturer, supplying both printed and plain Metal Tin Cans with or without your product inside. Get in touch for all your Tin Packaging needs!
Our vast range of custom tins and canisters, ointment tins, collection tins and money boxes are available worldwide. We have proudly supplied millions of tin cans and tin boxes to our valued customers and non-profits both in and outside of South Africa and as far as Australia and the United States.
Can It is a tin manufacturer and tin can supplier to retailers, wholesalers, the tin packaging industry, as well as the promotional and gifting industries.
We also play a unique role in the crowd-funding and charity industries, as the distribution of branded money boxes and collection tins began with us in 1994, at the dawn of democracy in South Africa when we began as a small manufacturer and supplier of just money tins. Since then we have grown our product offerings and services as well as our customer base throughout South Africa and we now enjoy excellent customer relations in Australia, Mozambique, Tanzania and Namibia.
Lightweight and adaptable, the premium tinplate we use to manufacture bespoke tins is easily molded to best suit the contents, yet robust enough to provide protection. We also manufacture and stock a wide range of ready-made cans and canisters in a variety of shapes and sizes.
Our dedicated and experienced team are on hand to guide you in creating a successful and effective tin packaging solution for your product launch or promotion.
We’ve manufactured and supplied millions of tin cans for canning, money tins as well as other packaging and promotional products. Get in touch with the leading tin can manufacturers and tin can suppliers in South Africa or navigate our Blog page.
Process for Canning your Contents in Tin Cans:
- Browse our range of products and services
- Receive samples of the sizes that interest you, if required – see this article for our sample process.
- Confirm the size/s that interests you, the type of lid and tinplate colour – Lids for Tin Cans
- Establish the required quantity. It is important to note that pricing varies greatly, depending on the order quantity and requirements
- Inform us of what you plan on packaging. Certain products may require a Food or special tin coating, others would require the container to be leak-proof or airtight and certain consumable products need to undergo a preservation process. Any of these factors may impact your quote. See this article for more information.
- Will you be making use of Can It’s unique Packing & Sealing service? If so, will you supply the contents for the tins or do you require us to source it for you? If the latter, please provide us with detailed information for quoting purposes.
- Inform us whether you’d require the tins to be plain (tinplate colour) or custom branded with your artwork. If the latter, establish which branding method you require – see this article for branding and printing options. Note: for tin cans it is highly recommended to make use of our Gloss branding option with or without the UV varnish.
- Should you require branding, do you plan on making use of our design service? If so, please provide us with more information, your logo, and requirements – see this article for our in-house design process
- Do you require delivery? If so, please provide your address. Take note: our delivery quotes are for urban areas in our courier company’s network. If you have special delivery requirements, please inform us prior to ordering. If you will collect, our pick-up point is at our Showroom in Johannesburg – we do not accept any customers nor couriers at our factory.
- Supply us with your general company and/or personal contact details such as: Company Name, Customer Name, Contact Number, Email Address and further information which your company requires to be displayed on our quotes and invoices. Submit those details here: Contact Can It
Our Canning Process:
- Choose the tin can size that you need
- Choose the tin can closure type that you need (Peel-Off, Plain End or Pull-Ring)
- Design your tin can label, or we can design it for you
- Can It packages your product inside the tin cans
- Can It seals the tin cans with your chosen closure
- Can It brands / prints your tin cans
- Finished tin cans get boxed (protective packaging)
- Tin cans are delivered to your door. Impress, Intrigue and Delight even your toughest clients!